- What information we collect and hold
Pinnacle provides communication related services and programs across Australia. We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is necessary for us to provide these services. The type of information we may collect and hold varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected (as set out at paragraph 3 below).
- How we collect and keep safe your personal and sensitive information
How we collect and store personal and sensitive information varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected but may include the collecting of copies of your:
- written correspondence with us;
- request for assistance and/or other associated documents and information that you may provide to us in relation to this.
We may keep copies of the above documents (in physical or electronic form, at our election) as is necessary to provide our services. All personal and sensitive information is securely stored at all times by us or an authorised external service provider and only authorised people will have access to the above documents and information.
- Why we collect and hold personal and sensitive information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal and sensitive information for purposes necessary to carry out our services. Generally, these purposes include:
- to keep in contact with you and inform you of our work;
- to provide you with the services requested by you from us; or
- to comply with our reporting obligations to the Australian Taxation Office and other government agencies and public sector bodies.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy and we will only use your personal and sensitive information for a permitted purpose for which we have collected the information.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us, unless we believe it is impracticable to do so in the circumstances. If you wish to deal with us in this manner, you must tell us in writing so that we can consider if your request is practicable.
- How we may share your information
If necessary to provide our services, we may need to disclose your personal and sensitive information to external service providers (such as information technology service providers, legal service providers, mailing houses, call centres, other community service providers etc.). These external service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personal and sensitive information for any purpose other than the purpose for which you have given us your personal and sensitive information.
Otherwise, we will only share your personal and sensitive information in accordance with your express consent and instructions, as provided through the exclusions set out in the Australian Privacy Principles.
We do not supply our database information to other marketing organisations not acting on our behalf.
- How you can access and seek correction of your personal and sensitive information
You have the right to access your personal and sensitive information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or seek correction of your personal and sensitive information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. For security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing.
To enable us to verify your request we require you to advise the following:
- Your full name
- Contact phone number.
There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal and sensitive information. While we do not normally charge for providing individuals with access to their personal and sensitive information, we reserve the right to charge you for our reasonable costs in complying with a request for access. These costs will not be excessive.
- How you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
We are committed to protecting your privacy and upholding the Australian Privacy Principles. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact our Privacy Officer with your concerns at the contact details below.
We take all complaints very seriously and we will endeavour to respond to your complaint and address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable.
- How you can contact our Privacy Officer
Postal address: GPO Box 1124, Melbourne, VIC 3001
Mobile: 0418 576 129
- Supplementary Information
Internet and Email Privacy
We do not collect any personal information on visitors to our website.
We do collect non-personal information that allows us to log information about visitors to our website for statistical purposes, such as:
- the number of unique sessions as identified by server address and top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .org, etc.);
- the number of page hits;
- the pages accessed or downloaded by session;
- the type of browser being used;
- the length of time spent on the site and on particular pages;
- the device being used (e.g. desktop or mobile); and
- the type of mobile device being used (e.g. iPhone 6).
- we may have implemented and use Display Advertising;
- we may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online;
- third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet;
- we and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website; and
- users can opt out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/).